Head of Business Development
We are a new-breed online business, grasping the benefits of web technology and applying them to every traditional property channel. We’re focussing on the property market, but we very much operate as a dot com business with rapid growth and flexibility to adapt quickly to a changing technical environment.
We’ve built a unique technology platform to run our business, which can also be plugged into larger businesses in a co-brand or white label capacity creating a new type of classified model in a major vertical. We’ve signed our first major media partner, and need someone to extend that success.
We are very much a business development-based business, relying on partnerships to fulfil rapid growth. This is far from being a traditional sales role where one solution fits all. We’re looking for a commercially savvy professional capable of finding blue-sky opportunities, and managing the re-tooling of the business to take advantage of those opportunities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Prospect major players in each market segment
- Partnership formation including proposals, presentations, financials & processes
- Partnership management with focus on 100% delivery and consistent value growth
- Creating requirements briefs and managing delivery of requirements
- Managing targets and reporting back to business at management and board level
- Input into strategic direction of the business to maximise partnership revenue potential
- Proven experience in all aspects of the business-development process, from prospecting to partnership management and value growth.
- Ability to run effective meetings with managers at all levels
- Excellent understanding of online business & revenue models
- Commercially minded
- Good understanding of technical development process
- Ability to work independently without close oversight
- Organised with relentless focus on delivery
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office
- Experience and contacts within media and other relevant online sectors a plus